Monday, September 29, 2008

1st Birthday





Today was Jackson's 1st birthday! My little man is all grown up (sniff sniff). We dressed Jack in his new birthday shirt (which lasted all of a couple of hours before we had a major blowout). At least we were smart and took some pictures in the morning.


We had his 12 month check up today which included his immunization shots. I know, I know, I am a mean mom for making him get his 12 month shots on his birthday. Everyone seemed so shocked that I would do that. I personally don't know what all the fuss is about, it is not like he is going to remember it. After the shots he gave his usual stink eye to the nurses and cried for a minute. After that he was good to go. On a sad note he has an ear infection and the Doc gave me some amoxicillian. This is the first time that he has had to take an antibiotic. AND amoxicillian is no longer Bubble Gum flavored!!! It is now orange. I feel like Jack is being ripped off. The bubble gum was the best. Stupid drug companies...BRING BACK THE BUBBLE GUM FLAVOR!!! If anyone wants to start a petition I'll totally sign it (Kidding...but seriously!)


We had a little family birthday party for him tonight. I made him chocolate cupcakes with homemade chocolate frosting. Jack LOVED them. He smooshed the cupcake all between his fingers first and them smashed it into his mouth. We took some pretty funny pictures. We are having a bigger birthday party this Sunday so I will keep posting them. Jack also loved his presents. He actually played with them and not just with the wrapping paper.


As of 1 year of age Jack can say the following: Dada, Mama, NoNo (while shaking his head- too cute), Uh Oh, Thank you, Ball, and Weeeeeeeee as he goes down the slide. He is taking steps but is not quite walking yet. We hope he will start within the next month. He weighs 23lbs and is 30 1/4 in tall. He is cute as a button and we are so blessed to have him here with us. He is an amazing little boy who brightens our lives with every smile and grin.

4 comments:

C. Houghton said...

Happy Birthday! He's so adorable. It sounds like you guys had a really good time.

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

I cant believe its already been a year! He is so dang cute! Love the cake pics.

The Brewer's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKSON! Looks like Jack definantly enjoyed the cupcakes. LOL He is such a cutie!

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday! What a doll :)