Let me start off by saying that this has been a really rough week for my family. It all began last week when I woke up and could not walk due to pain in my hips. I went to the doctor where they gave me a shot of Demerol for the pain. After passing out TWICE from the over medication I ended up in the ER. The good news is that there is nothing wrong with me that they could find. The bad news is that they don't know what is wrong with me...but I am able to walk without pain again. At this point I will take that just as long as the doctors keep their pain pill pushing selves away from me.
As many of you know I have taken a second job working evenings at Target to help make ends meet while Armando's job slows down for the winter. I was working last Sunday when I get a call from Armando. I have a jewelry chest in our bedroom that Jackson pulled over on himself. He ended up getting smooshed between the jewelry chest, which is pretty heavy, and our platform bed frame. Jackson seemed okay at first but then he started vomiting. I told Armando to go to the ER immediately and that I would meet him there.
Ironically Jackson was in the same room that I was in just days earlier. Armando gave him a blessing while we waited for the cat scan results. This entire time I was thinking that Jackson probably just had a concussion and that they would recommend us just to wake him up every hour or so. Nope
The cat scan came back and my little baby had a depressed SKULL FRACTURE. The doctor told us that he would probably have to have surgery to fix his skull but that he was okay since there was no bleeding in the brain. OMG. They also told us that they needed to take him by ambulance up to Primary Children's Hospital. Not the words that you want to hear as a parent.
When we got up to Primary Children's they admitted Jackson to their RTU overnight for monitoring. At first they tried putting him in one of those hospital cribs. I'm thinking "Good luck with that, he won't sleep in a crib even at home". Needless to say they ended up getting us a big bed that I slept in with Jackson.
The next morning we talked to the Neurologist and he said that while there was the small fracture in the front part of his head and his spatial plates (top part) are a bit uneven (His hair ain't never going to lay right) but there was no need for surgery since he was so young it would correct itself. Relief
I am very grateful that we gave Jackson the blessing that we did. Not only did it help to keep him from having a serious injury it also kept me from freaking out. A couple of people told me that I was acting very calm about the whole thing when normally I would be bouncing off the walls. The only thing I could say is that I knew everything was okay and Heavenly Father would let me know if there was cause for worry.
Jackson is fine now and is running, laughing and playing. I am very grateful that my baby is okay.
5 comments:
OMG! I can't believe what you've been through! Sounds like you guys certainly have had a rough week. I'm glad to hear that Jackson is doing fine and his injuries weren't any worse. I hope you guys had a very Merry Christmas.
Oh my goodness!!! Scary!! I'm glad he is ok!
I'm glad everything is fine for Jackson. I'm sorry you had to go through all that around the holidays. I hope you get feeling better. Let me know if ya need anything.
Oh my- that is a rather eventful couple of week you have had. I am glad to hear that everything is ok with you and Jackson. It is amazing how much Heavenly Father looks after his little ones. Good to hear that he will be ok. And you too
goodness!!!! what a rough week!!!! i am so glad that everything is okay though. i just love the power of the priesthood!!!!
Post a Comment