Monday, June 28, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

As I was sitting in my car today with my air conditioning on the fritz, I got to thinking...

When I was gifted my car 7 years ago, Pearl was only 1 year old. I equate that one year to put Pearl into her early 20's. She was young, beautiful to behold, and would smoke anyone off the line. She was mine and I loved her.

As Pearl got older, into her 30's, she still looked good but maybe she needed a nip here and tuck there to keep her fresh. She looked like someone who knew her way around the block but I like to think that she matured into herself and was working it.

Now as Pearl has reached 8 years old I think she is entering into her twilight years. Things aren't working as well as they used to and her occasional nips and tucks are becoming more and more frequent.

I find myself asking if I need to trade her in for a newer model, a "trophy wife" if you will. Am I being disloyal? Am I being foolish? As we all know, a trophy wife isn't cheap. She makes you pay for her beauty, but in some ways she is worth it.

On the other hand, Pearl is bought and paid for and no monthly payments is a wonderful thing. While she needs more and more attention I have to ask myself if I am ready to ship her off to a home...maybe not just yet.

1 comment:

Tiffany and Ben said...

I don't think about cars that way. because when you pass it on it will make someone else happy (most the time)